GRADE 7 PONY LEAGUE BASEBALL RULES
- High School Baseball rules for runners leading off of bases.
- Continuous batting order of players. Every player present will be placed in the batting order.
- All players must play at least one inning in the field.
- A pitcher may pitch no more than seven innings in one week. (Sunday to Sunday)
- All games are scheduled to start at 6:00 P.M. All games will be six innings.
- Pitching distance 54 feet. Bases 80 feet.
- 10 run rule after 5 innings.
- Only turf shoes, soccer shoes, tennis shoes will be allowed. NO steal spikes.
- -up rule. Pitchers will only take 3 warm-up pitches between innings. Pitcher in the middle of an inning can take 8 pitches.
- Catcher will have a courtesy runner with 2 outs.
- A pitcher may reenter once during the game. –Not recommended, but allowed
- Balk rule--umpires please discuss with the pitcher. If he continues to balk without trying to correct the delivery a balk may be called.
- It is a preference that pitchers not throw curve balls. There is a concern about the stress placed on the arm by throwing curves at this age.
- Bat size. Guidelines implemented for this year are as follows:
- Bats 2 5/8 diameter with a -10 drop. Official Pony rules say all 2 5/8 bats are legal.
- Or a Wood Bat
- Base runners must slide if a play is being made on the runner.
- Games have a 2-hour time limit.